View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NoAlcoholToday

Hi Jackedjohn

Welcome to SR.

I haven't read through your other post yet but it seems like you might have got under the skin of a few of the "A" people (completely unfounded IMO since your initial post explicitly said you were looking to avoid that).

So we secular folk get punted down here -- kinda weird though considerig that 80% of people recover without any formal program and especially considering the apalling success rate of the "A" program (this information is freely available on the internet for all to discover but, for some reason, threads get closed down on SR when we start to refer to other documented statistical evidence!). So I asked one of the SR moderators the other day whether there was some kind of predispostion towards AA on SR (considering that the "A" people often end up hijacking threads like your previous one) but I didn't get anything like a straight answer so here we are!!

The thread that Supercrew was refering to is http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ee-speech.html. It can be a tad slow as its so far off the beaten track but definitely worth reading through as it highlights who might be like-minded people AND it seems there is slightly less control by the thought police about any level of free thinking.

Hopefully we will hear more from you, Jackedjohn. There is an opportunity to mix with non "A" people here on SR - just so long as we are vaguely prudent about where stuff gets said (not entirely sure why the same thing doesn't apply to the "A" people since they also have distinct areas on SR but never seem to get punted off the generic discussions! C'est la vie.

NAT