View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

...just learned another manipulation he tried. He told his daughter I was so excited to see him Sunday that I took our picture together, and he can't understand why I won't talk to him now.
I didn't even bring the camera into the rehab, since they won't allow purses and my pockets were small. And I won't talk to him due to his manipulation Monday morning, not that he listens to my explanations or even cares, but nonetheless...
He doesn't want to try, so I don't want to be around him.

Originally Posted by brokenheartfool View Post
starcat--
I feel for you. Can you have a friend or family member over at your place to be with you for the hours Sunday after he gets out?
Or take off somewhere with someone?
I think it would be best if you were not alone. Maybe for safety, but mostly for emotional support.
Family is 2 hours away. I do have an uncle that lives nearby but I haven't seen him since I moved here, so he wouldn't help. I also don't want my family to know what's going on - they're extremely judgmental, and I need to be confident that I am making my own decisions, not theirs.

G has managed to isolate me from my friends. One of the guys at work did volunteer to come by if I did not feel safe (he could give G a good run for his money) but he's working this weekend to get a ton of stuff ready for a project I'm working with him, and it's rather important, so I don't want to bug him if I don't have to. (He's the only one in our group who can do it).

Heading to bed now, but I think tomorrow I"m just going to start cataloging all the stuff I've been meaning to do, pick all the things that involve being away from the apartment, and go do them. G would never find me, because they're not the sort of things he's interested in, and he does not recognize that I like things that are different than what he likes, so he'll never think to look there.

I am actually enjoying being by myself right now... I am so used to being his shadow 100% of the time, I like being alone - for the moment.

Thank you, brokenheart, for thinking of me. <3