View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I think it goes both ways Art. As was said we are all on our own path. I believe AA works very well for some people, some people use other recovery methods that might not be a stringent as AA, and don't want to be told that there way is wrong, or there is only one way if you have a specific type of problem.

Believe it or not a majority of people who recover from alcoholism use no recovery program. The Dr. tells them their health is failing because they are an alcoholic, and their brain goes into survival mode and they stop drinking cold turkey with no support whatsoever. I tried that, but I felt I needed more support so I found SR. I find the only time that I get bashed is when I might be being overbearing in the way I suggest someone recover exactly the way I did, or if I get stuck on a point that I think is a fact when others feel it is just my opinion or experience. We are all different and even if my method is completely proven in my mind if I try to force it down your throat it's probably my fault if I get thrown up on.

Nice post KJell, I will try to keep it in mind with each post!