View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Untoxicated
Eating protein and life.

I don't know if I'll have the pleasure of being alive tomorrow or even tonight, so thinking about whether I will drink in the future seems like a waste of my time. The universe is an unknown.

I do know that there was a point that, after several times of false starts and sobriety dates, I made the decision to stop drinking; really made the decision that come hell or high water I wouldn't pick up a drink. Since my last drink on October 16, 2010 tough times have come and tough times have gone but I didn't drink. The inaction of drinking for a length of time isn't what is great, it's what comes with that inaction.

I made the decision to stop drinking for 30 days, those 30 lead to 60 and those 60 are closing in on 90. To be truthful, the more time that goes by the more that I realize how foolish it was of me to even fret over drinking or not drinking. Drinking was never a good decision for me and at times it's a bit embarrassing that I ever thought it was; that I got myself in so deep; that alcohol was my warm blanket for a cold world.

Would I do it again? Absolutely! I've learned more about myself in the last two months than I have in the last six years. Clarity of mind is slowly being restored and the multitude of good things that come with not drinking seem to be exponentially increasing.

The drink is neither an option for me, nor a desire. Alcohol is dead to me. I'm not naive enough, with all the wisdom on this board, to think that I will never drink again but I certainly won't be wasting my time wondering if I will - too many things to enjoy, I just don't have time to worry about drinking in the future.

My $0.02,
Untox