Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wicked

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I don't know if this is healthy or not, but I've learned simply to NOT SHARE things with people who have proven to be judgmental or offered too much unsolicited advice in the past. I know from experience that sharing things with them is taken as an invitation to meddle, so I just don't go there. Then I don't have to figure out how to deal with it.

L
The problem with this is, I am my most critical voice.
I give myself a very hard time about everything. I try to say to myself,
you are a kind, caring, compassionate human being. You have a few flaws but perfectionism is boring.

I have someone I am talking to regularly, he is a very nice guy and we enjoy talking to each other. He is just getting out of a bad marriage, going to counseling for himself. I told him my first instinct would be to save him and he said that wouldnt work. Good for honesty, and I felt great about that.
But now, when I get a little excited or interrupt him, I feel foolish, like a teenager who doesnt know how to act around a grown man.
And, maybe that is the problem. I have no experience unless they are women hating substance abusers.

In other words, how to be easy on myself? I know I am an good person, but every mistake makes me cringe.
How to be at ease?

Beth