Thread: In the dumps!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
johndelko408
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Just keep doing what you're doing to stick with your recovery program. Keep reaching out as it will only make you the stronger person you want to be. Remember that you can't control what he does with his personal life even though it sucks that he's using your daughter to his benefit. All you can control is yourself and your own sobriety. Once you get yourself to the place you need to be in life you'll be in a better position to go to bat as you say. It's good that your trying to stick with the positive but do stay away from looking for things you don't want to know the answer to. I did the same sort of thing for a while and all I was doing was setting myself up for disappointment. We alcoholics are dumb in that sense that we always self sabotage our own sobriety. Just stay focused on yourself and your recovery for now. I know its easier said than done, believe me I know, but you're on the right path and only good things will come so long as you don't stray off path. Keep your head up girl and keep reaching out for help here and in AA. There's always people willing to help you out with advice, suggestions and to just talk when you need to talk to someone. Remember closed mouths don't get fed.