View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 03:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
ChristineC
Pretty Is As Pretty Does

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

It was the weekend and I don't have access to this place. I had a good weekend, no drinky drinky ...LOL.

OK, so I do go to regular AA meetings. Not sure how to "work" the steps "daily". Do I remind myself, re-read the steps??? What should I be reading on a daily basis?

Finding a female sponsor...hhhhmmmmmmm. You know, I have this thing with women. The ones I meet are whiny and gossipy and too frilly. I don't know, maybe that's an excuse. Actually, there is one woman from my home group that I could relate to. I even have her e-mail address and phone number, she would be a good person to call.

Question. I was at my AA meeting last week and this one GOOF off was real arrogant saying that anyone who comes to these meetings and has "graduated" to the 5th step in one month is a joke. Alkies shouldn't even leave step one for a year. Like what is up with that???? What do you guys think. I was told the quicker a person gets to 4 and 5 and get the JUNK behind you the easier things become. This a-hole really added a downer to my "working" the program.

And for one thing I've been in and out of AA for 5 years, I'd say it's about fritzin' time I got to step 5. That jerk doesn't know sheeeeeet!!!

Service to others? Well you know, I do help women at the gym all the time. Does that count? Service to others how?

TOM!!!! HELLO!!!

And as for my beau, YES he will not be drinking around me anymore and does know the seriousness of this "disease" for me. It's all good so far. I'm trying to stay grounded but it's hard when I'm feeling so loved and in love.

I'm sober today and have been, that's what counts right?

Love you All, for real.

Peace Out.

Christine