View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Perhaps, instead of waiting to see what *he* does, you can begin to decide what you want to do. Perhaps it's time to take a break, in whatever shape or form is possible at the moment. Putting some physical distance between the two of you may clarify your path for you.

In the last year of my relationship with my XAH, I lived in the back bedroom, and slept there with my baby girl. At first it was only temporary, because DD nursed every 2 hours and XAH snored like a machine...so I needed as much rest as I could get...but as time went on, I realized that I LOVED having my space and that I was most relieved when he was out of the house. Eventually, I hid in that room and he hid in his (or rather, he tried to hide the fact that he was going out and not coming back home more and more). Even though we were still living in the same place, we barely saw each other. That's when I saw that he was relieved not to have me harp on him, write him letters to "make him understand", or monitor how much he drank. And without me interfering, he drank more and more every day. Clearly, his actions told me he was choosing the booze and drugs over me. Heck, he'd ALWAYS done that but I just wasn't ready to see it or accept it.

Would something like this be possible for you? It could also take the shape of a trip someplace, to visit family/friends, and to spend time with YOU.