Old 01-04-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ISPYSOBRIETY

The hardest part about not drinking was that it had become my evening ritual, every night after work. I drink mostly water and gingerale (after a couple waters, I need to taste something else) as I pass the evening. Staying home alone worked for me. I'm not one to be around people when I'm going through emotional issues. Besides that, I made my first month nothing but work, store for water and soda and home, my main routing. I avoided all places where alcohol was available or served.

I actually dived into computer games (Call of Duty and Battlefield Bad Company Two) playing on the PC, then joining other gamers in multiplayer games online. I created new habits in the evening, that I don't let anyone mess with.

Thankfully, I'm not in a relationship now, so It's all me, it's all mine and I can heal myself without anyone else demanding my mental or physical resources.

At 4.5 months without alcohol, I'm feeling in total control.

It started with water, soda, computer games and locking myself up away from the world. But I'm free. It was worth it to me AND I have a new hobby, online gaming