View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
wasyas

Alright, so after a great christmas and awful new year's day I have left and moved in with my parents. My husband still says he is sober, he just doesn't like me asking him where he is going or what he is spending money on. Well, we are on a really tight budget and to make the bills it kind of matters where every little bit goes.

So that is what he said the problem was and that he is acting the same way that he was when he was using because everyone is treating him the same. I say only a addict/recovering etc. would read into "So how are you to day?" but I'm still learning. I decided along time ago that I wasn't going to walk on egg shells just so I wouldn't upset him.

To the real point I've moved out and don't plan on moving back in anytime soon, but my gut tells me that even though he might have slipped, I at least believe part of his story enough to give him a chance, before getting attorneys involved. He finally said that is was a stupid idea for him to leave rehab and think he didn't need his therapy or NA meetings.

So here is what I think I am comfortable with, he takes care of his half of the bills and the house or dogs and things, while I stay at my parents house with our daughter, for at least 2 months. If he makes it to work, pays his portion of the bills and doesn't sell our furniture then I think I would be ok with moving back, going to therapy separate and together and giving it another shot. He says his problem is me treating him like an addict and asking him what he is doing or spending money on. I think that if he does it on his own with out my interference, it gives him a chance to do it, and me a chance to stop focusing on him and focus on me more.

Am I crazy or does this make sense? The last part mostly, the rest is my life and I know it doesn't make sense.