View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
oakleaf82

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
LaFemme
I am sorry to hear about your friend. It does suck to see the destruction alcohol and drugs do to peoples' bodies, lives, families even communities. I went to a party last night, they were drinking Absenthe for darns sake. They said it gave them a sense of euphoria. They all looked forty when they were thirty and talked about depressing stuff. My husband and I had a nice time. it sure is nice not to look like a dressed up drunk. I think I am having the party next year
SH
My SIL brought us a bottle of Absinthe from Prague several years ago, before it was legal in the US. We drank that sucker on NYE of that year, and I can attest that was one of the most horrendous hangovers of my life. It was awful.

I don't know. Maybe there are mild benefits to the one drink a day rule, but there are probably a million studies that say the opposite. I don't think I could stop at one. Maybe some days, but not every day.

Also, I can relate to having those friends who look ten years older than they are. Due to drinking no doubt.