View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Nyte Byrd

If you are referring to those studies that seem to indicate a certain portion of drinking 'one' glass of beer or wine a day can be good for the heart and all that, I have to say, I have often wondered who exactly that would apply to anyway.

If someone doesn't drink at all, should they begin to drink even just one glass to discover they just may enjoy beyond the one glass and begin to also enjoy the effect and risk becoming potential problem drinkers?

And does anyone really think anyone who drinks a six pack or two six packs an evening is going to intentionally cut back to one glass of beer a day because of some study saying it is good for them?

So who exactly does it apply to? Maybe those who already only drink one glass of wine an evening. So it's not like the study has changed anything other than possibly causing more of a problem, it would seem to me.

Do they actually pay these people who do these studies?

And who are these people who get studied? How come I have never gotten studied. How come I have never met anyone who has gotten studied? How come I have never met anyone who even knew anyone who has gotten studied.

I do not believe in studies. I believe in testimony I hear given by people that share in meetings. There's a lot of testimony on this forum alone that seems to prove those studies rather moot I would say.