View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by FindingPeace1 View Post

How did you let go if you were still holding on and second guessing, though? It seems like you have to commit mentally to do it physically.
What order did you all wise ones out there do it?
How did YOU jump off the diving board?
I was certainly NOT one of the wise ones, nor was I one of the courageous ones. I stayed far too long, I was frozen in fear, but by then I finally had a HP.

I've shared this before, but but will again.

My wife was in court ordered rehab for 28 days. A CPS judge had put her out of the house, after a year in the system, for getting drunk in the care of our 4yo little girl while I was a work. I'm really quite surprised they didn't take LMC away from me also, at this point.

Two weeks into rehab, I could just tell that my aw wasn't "getting it". I didn't know what to do.

So I went to our CPS supervisors office and asked her, "If I allow my aw to return to our home after rehab, and she relapses, what would your (the Department's) next move be"? BTW, the relapse rate was 97% at that time.

She was very frank with me, she said, "We would then petition the court to remove your child from the home, because at that point YOU would be failing to provide a safe environment for her".

At that exact point in time, sitting in that womans office, it was "Game Over" for me. I was done.

Actually, not quite, I offered my aw one last chance at saving the marriage. I told her if she could maintain sobriety for one year, she could come home.

She told me to eff myself, and subsequently sucker punched me with divorce with out my knowing, so she could take all our community property. Called me up and said we were divorced, that worked pretty well for her. Just as well, it was just stuff. As a side note: Karma washed ALL THAT STUFF away a year later with a hurricane.

So basically, as far as getting her out of the house, and getting the divorce, my HP did for me what I couldn't do for myself. But I kinda set the ball rolling that day, when I decided I was done.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote