View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

What I know is that I wasted a lot of time (years) thinking and arguing about who was right and who was wrong. After doing this in many relationships I realized that there really is no right or wrong (other than the obvious, see The Ten Commandments) and that it had become my M.O. to be hurt by something someone else did, to express that hurt, and to want the other person to change their behavior accordingly. The only way to do that is to TALK about it and the only way to get what I wanted was to be "right." sooner or later I had to accept that the world does not revolve around me and so people are going to behave according to THEIR wants and desires, not mine. It is up to me to do the same. Only problem was I was never quite clear about what I wanted or desired, other than how I wanted OTHERS to act in my relationships with them.

Now I am different. I learned to discover what I want and desire for me and my life and I make myself 100% responsible for that. If someone else doesn't jive with that, I have to determine whether or not they steal my peace and serenity enough that I should eliminate them from my inner circle. It's a very simple equation.

My suggestion? Stop talking about it with him. Stop talking to him about HIM. Decide whether or not you are both headed in the same direction and if not, well, take the action you need to take to get you where you want to go.

To me, anymore, talking is mostly about politics: Who has the "power" and is going to control the relationship. When both people want the control, talking goes no where. I am the boss of my own life and that is enough for me.

Hope something here makes sense or is helpful. I note that you were happier in the mountains