Thread: please help
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Isaiah
Dismember

Don't worry about the post. It may be hard to tell, but just about all of us are alcoholics or alcohol abusers, and we have all said our share of foolish things while intoxicated. I mean you're hanging out in a zoo, don't feel sorry for eating like an animal.

Vodka does not cause people to drink to excess. Trust me, I am Polish, my family has been drinking the stuff for centuries. What is causing you to drink so much is alcoholism.

Blaming the type of alcohol is a pretty universal act of denial on we alcoholics' part. If SR could pull together a petition, I'm sure there are a thousand here who thought if they just avoided one type of alcohol that we could drink as much as we wanted with no problems. It doesn't ever work, Pinkfirefly. Beer is just watered down vodka with a different flavor, alcohol is alcohol.

And I wish you all the best in not drinking tomorrow/today. You can do the sobriety thing, and you can cope with depression/anxiety without it, in fact even better because alcohol causes both. It may be tough, but so would be a lifetime of repeats of last night, right?

Just one thing though, people here are very wise that if you just keep trying the same method that hasn't worked in the past, it might not work the 100th time around. If your last tries haven't worked then maybe soon it will be time to try something else. It's not a sign that you've failed either, not one bit. Stepping up to the kind of recovery that will work, especially as a young mother, is a sign of great strength.