Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Already

^ Thanks for the list. I'm not planning to use one of the formal plans right now. I know that might seem foolish to some, but the liver thing has really changed my whole perspective on drinking. A month ago there is no way I could have quit on my own, but right now I can't imagine starting back.

The initial liver test was a requirement for some antibiotics I need to take. I can't start the antibiotics until my liver tests come back clear. It's a 3 month cycle of antibiotics and I won't be able to drink while taking them. I'm counting on being at least 5 months sober by the time I finish the cycle. Once I finish the antibiotics I might need to consider getting some help to stay sober. I've actually been talking a lot with a good friend who went through rehab and NA for much harder drugs a few years ago and he has been a big help. I think a lot of my experiences brought back memories he had pushed aside and maybe even strengthened his resolve to stay clean.

Anyway, I'm still sober and feeling more and more like myself every day. I was in a car accident tonight with my girlfriend driving, so I'll be going to the doctor or an urgent care to get checked out tomorrow. We're both a little beat up, but otherwise fine. I'll probably ask if he wants to go ahead and do another liver function test since I'll be there anyway. Wish me luck on the numbers looking better this time around.