View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

catlovermi, thank you for the links. I linked on the first one and printed it out. Then I made sure I hid it out of sight, where I'm pretty sure, it will be secure, in my clothes dresser. I will read through it more slower at my convenience.

Ladybug0130, you wrote "Any words of wisdom related to leaving would be helpful." I'm right where you are! Except I'm getting ready to leave a 40 year old marriage.

I have always been BIG about using a notebook and making lists of things that I need done or things that I need to remember. Little did I know when I became hooked on making lists that one day I would need this idea by suffering from short-term memory recall problems. I would suggest you start a journal of your decision to separate from your AH and your pending divorce.

Brainstorm everything you need to do to get this done. "I am starting to become overwhelmed by all I have to do." "I have to get a job (I quit about a year ago to deal with all of this), sell a house, call an attorney, and so on. I know I have to take it one step at a time, but it's all so daunting!!!" I would suggest you entitle each page in your notebook by the individual tasks. Each time you make progress or take steps on that particular task, you can jot it down on the corresponding page. This will help you focus and, hopefully, prevent you from being overwhelmed. It will, also, help assure you, you are proceding forward with each step. "Divide and Conquer."

It's like the old adage "You can't see the forest for the trees". By "Dividng and Conquering" we are able to see the big picture, and not become overwhelmed by the small tasks. Sometimes we are so engrossed in a personal problem we can't see the solution to our problem. Your friends or family may find the solution quite easily for you because they aren't as absorbed with your problems.

Just my personal opinion. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Love and Peace,
Phoenix