Thread: Sad day today
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Nyte Byrd

Originally Posted by Maryjan View Post
Thank you all so very much. I started reading the Big Book last night, and ver much relate to the allergy concept. I have always blacked out, and I don't ever want that to happen again. It will if I have another glass of wine (eventually). Probably not the first night or the first weeks, even. But it will happen, and I don't want the wine enough. (today...and I hope that SR and AA and my sweet kids can get me past the day when I do want wine enough.)

New me, would you check in with me...your thoughts are inspiring.
I am glad to see you found interest in finding the information in the book that came to mind. That it isn't how much those like us drink, but what the drink can do to us. What others drink, whether it is wine, or if it is considered normal, is rather moot, if it doesn't seem to result in positive benefits for us, isn't it?

And I applaud you on adding AA to your recovery, something I don't think I could have done without. I don't think I could ever have remained sober relying solely on online support. No way at all. Kudos to those who have done it. Up to now anyway. But I am interested in 'staying' sober. And God and the fellowship of AA has been my lifeline since 1987.

Keep going to the meetings, keep reading the big book, get yourself a temp sponsor if you haven't done so already, and use online support as a supplementary support.

My best to you and your family. If this worked for me and my family, I know it can work for you.

It doesn't have to be 'sad' any more.