View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

I went to my first meeting last night......not the best night for a first meeting. It is a group of 8, and due to holidays and sickness, there were only 2 there. It was still good, I will keep going and give it a try at least for a while. One woman said something...I am not sure if it was encouraging or discouraging. She has been attending AlAnon for 22 years and said she will never graduate. She had an A father, husband and now 2 A daughters. I can't even imagine all that she has endured. The only problem that I think I have with that program though, is that they almost seem to encourage sticking by the alcoholic. I am way passed that. I think all of my patience, forgiveness and compassion is used up. I told him that I wanted him to leave. It appears as though he will do that on his own, no police needed. We shall see. Otherwise, it will be another day, when I can get my mom over and follow all of your awesome, wonderful advice. Thank you so much to all of you. I know now that I am not crazy, not normal, and not alone. This is quite a group of people. I wish I could just have you as my posse, all day every day!
M