View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Do you know XAH's GF?!?!

Eeeeeeeew is right. XAH's GF is holding his hand and trying to make sure that he does everything the court ordered him to with regards to the divorce and his parenting and legal obligations. I'm so lucky he has her.

She has stepped right in to tend to his every need. (I just made myself a bit sick there.) She's made sure he has a new phone when his 'accidentally' gets thrown at the ground or wall, let him drive her car for over a year without a license, made sure he got his own car when he was caught out on not getting his drivers license, makes sure our DS is picked up for each of his visits on time..... Heck, she's made sure the visits actually happen. Something neither his dad or sister were able to nag him into doing.... I can go on. But your description of your aexh's GF behavior sounds so familiar.

She's starting to fall down on the job, btw: he hasn't turned in all his paperwork for the child support calculation, hasn't given me back my stuff he took to a friend's house, or started paying any child support yet.... What's she waiting for? Oh, right. The a-- to actually do something a grown up should be able to handle. Sorry a bit bitter today.

If I'm really honest, I did all of that same babying him cr-p, too. Part of it was that I was (am, but trying to get over it) very insecure. I didn't think I could do better than him. In our early relationship I connected him with security, but I didn't adjust that perception when it was so clearly not fitting. I thought that if I tried just a little bit harder, he would love me.

I'm not sure that's the case with the GF, but just saying. Of course, I firmly want to believe that XAH's GF is just a bizarre alien, even though I'm the one with slanty eyes. I've even got half-empty glasses of water all over my room to prove I'm not the alien.