View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberClean

Thanks for all the replies. I came to my own conclusion that al-anon means Alcoholic Lovers Anonymous. AL meaning Alcoholic Lovers. I have absolutely no idea why I think that. I did just look it up and find out that i am way off! Whenever I see an acronym I just sort of fill in my own blanks. Like I always thought DH means "Dear Husband." But I just found out it can also mean "D*mn Husband." Oops! *embarrassed*

I think that it isn't the drink itself that bothers me, but instead the behavior that follows, which is why it doesn't bother me that I know my mother drinks, but I cannot handle seeing her smashed. Ok, it DOES bother me that I know she drinks, because I know it eventually leads to another bender, but as long as in that moment I can act like nothing is going on I am okay.

I think obviously drunk people in general annoy me. And I think this feeling is normal, valid and justified. I will no longer feel guilty about it.

As far as my own drinking is concerned, if it makes me feel guilty/unhappy to drink, then I won't do it. But I won't make myself feel guilty for having a drink either.

This is how I feel today.