View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DontBurnThePig

Not even sure where to begin...

Boyfriend has been an abuser for many years, classified himself as an addict a few years ago, and has 'struggled' with sobriety over the past few years. He can handle no alcohol with no problem at all, but the xanax and pot are what he just cannot give up. He will go a few months sans xanax (while smoking pot every day) but will relapse at the worst of times and be right back where he started.

We had twin daughters in September, he relapsed 3 days after their birth, stayed high for 2 months straight pretty much, then I gave him an ultimatum (after he nearly OD'd) that if he took any more xanax, he was out of my life for good. Just the other day, he even said he was going to (finally) quit smoking pot at New Years.

Well, yesterday, he relapsed on the xanax again. We had such a nice Christmas with family and everything was great, and yesterday afternoon, he took our 3 month old daughter on a drug run to pick up pills which is just not acceptable in any way.

I'm so frustrated, and really do not know what to do. I love him, and I want him to be here for our children, but I hate who he has become. I guess it also relates to our situation that while he's not in a good financial situation at all, his little contribution to rent/bills each month definitely helps us get by and I'm not sure I could do it alone.

What to do...what to do...

I'm just fed up.