View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

Now he won't leave

I agreed to let my A come to my house Christmas Eve.....so he could wake up and be a part of Christmas with our daughters. His mother was also in town, and she generally serves as a good "buffer". My A is essetially homeless, except when I allow him to stay at my house, and now he has made himself at home. He uses the kids as his stranglehold over me. I tell him to leave and he gets them involved by telling my 6 year old that "mommy is kicking me out and I have no money and no place to go" This upsets her greatly.....she actually tried to give him change from her piggy bank once. I told him if he ever involved her again he would never step through my door again.
I am going to have to tell him, once again, to leave. It is going to be ugly, I will wait until the kids are asleep. He honestly feels that because of the girls that he has some right to, basically, sqat in my living room. The smell ( you know the smell-alcohol plus dying tissue) has returned. Last time it took me a week to get rid of the smell. It makes me nauseated. I know that my daughters love him and like having him around-most of the time-but I know deep down that all this is doing is enabling him to keep right on doing what he does best. I become a miserable person to be and be around.
My mom is coming tonight to babysit (that will go over well, since I am sure he hasn't left my couch all day) so that I can go to my first ever AlAnon meeting. This in itself also has me anxious, I live in a very small town and am sure to know many people there.
Does anyone have any advice or a different idea of how to get him out? He literally throws such a tantrum that just the thought of the process makes me exhausted.