View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 07:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zoomer
Gold Member

((((((((((Patsy))))))))))))), ya I can understand! Our children are exsposed to things such as drunkness and it is beautiful whent hey can see how the program works. Again though it's up to the group or the individual. In our meetings the church who rents out the room complains about the children and points out about the cost of insurance. Kids are kids and they break things sometimes or get hurt. I guess that's what I'm pointing out too. Also it's not healthy for a kid to get evil looks from another adult because they are being kids. it's not healthy for a parent who is tryin gto stay sober tto add on that extra worry to have to entertain the kids while they are trying to save their butts. Again too just form my stand point, I beleive a choice in being in AA is an individual choice or life style or any program for that matter. If my kids ever have a problem which my two older boys are having at this point and time), they know where to go or at least have an idea,but again the rooms may not be what they want. Kids do feel singled out when they are living in an AA house hold. I know my kids feel that they have somthng els to hide or feel ashamed of. I try to keep things to myself now and not preach,but live by example. O God, lol, I'm not perfect and I hope something they do not learn from me,but I hope I give them the freedom of their own convictions.