View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 06:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zoomer
Gold Member

(((((((((((((Gooch))))))))))))), when my daughter was younger I too use to take her to meetings with me. I was single and had no child care. but us moms got together and each took turns watching the kids outside and all the kids had a blast. We also started home meetings in which anyone was welcome to bring the kids and the kids all played together while we talked and bonded. Those where the most specail times in my life I tel you. But today I feel that while it is good to teach your children realities,it is also good to let them be kids and not hear soemthings until they are older. I have taken my older son to a meeting because he needed it. He did not take to it,but I planted the seed. My kids have a choice to weather or not they want to live the AA life style as well as I do. In my recovery there are somethings I do not like about the fellowship,so I look else where. I have a choice and so do my kids. Like with any fellow ship it's best to intraduse your child,but have him or her chose when they are old enough to do so. BTU, your daughter sounds like a dream!!!! I think she gets it from her Daddy! You rock!!! Again too a child or children at meetings is a group thing or an individule thing. I know when i was younger and needed a meeting, I'd pack up my girl and go. I was greatful to be able to have that choice,but I was also too young to understand that somethings are best left int eh ear shot of adults.