Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
phlegmatic

Originally Posted by phlegmatic View Post
I just talked with AH and it went really well. He is doing well where he is, and we talked about why our relationship hasn't/doesn't work, and probably won't work even if he's not drinking. He is getting healthy and sounds good. This is like a dream come true. We are going to talk again soon and I hope that things continue to go like this. Amicably, healthy, sane. I hope. Wish me luck.
Harumph. That was wishful thinking. I called AH today because I thought things had gone so well in our last conversation that we could start talking like two friends instead of like one person who wants to come home and one person who doesn't want the other to come home.

I asked how he was feeling since our last conversation, and he said "melancholy" and didn't want to talk further. I didn't really want to talk about "it" today either, but I was disappointed to hear that he was apparently not on the same page as me with the whole end of the relationship thing.

I said we do need to talk soon about "the relationship" and about money, and we are going to talk in a week.

So I'm posting here instead of calling him back to try to make things better. I thought he was doing well. I was doing well. I was happy because I thought he was better! And I know I should not base my happiness on his happiness. Grrrrr.