Thread: Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I'm starting to realize, that wasn't the sound of a knock, that was the sound of trying to open the door while the deadbolt is still engaged. If I hadn't changed it last night he would have walked right in.

Originally Posted by naive View Post
hi starcat-

i'm sorry you're hurting.

i found it useful to remind myself what i wanted in a partner, which he couldn't offer me.
Thanks.

I'm actually starting to reconsider if I ever want him back at all... His family have been so kind to me, and he really is a sweet person, but the closer we became to each other, the more "controlled" I felt. He truly believes that he was simply worried about me, but I felt like I wasn't allowed to do anything unless he was there.

His daughter called me today, because he left a cryptogram on her phone about why he couldn't meet her for breakfast tomorrow (something about having to go to the doctor's), and she wanted to check about his health. Speaking with her, she not only said that that's the reason her mother always gave for divorcing him, but she questioned why I was with her father at all. She said some really nice things to me about me, said I was smart and attractive and all these things that I had come to doubt about myself, and she knew it was "horrible" for her to say because she's supposed to stick up for her father but that she was a bit confused as to why I was with him.

It spoke to the nagging bits in the back of my head, and now I'm not sure what to believe. I guess it's best not to think too much right now, just take it a bit at a time, that's a bigger issue for another day.