Old 12-24-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I kicked mine out several months ago, even, and took him back in by the weekend. I thought it was it, I thought I was doing it for good... but I couldn't stick with it, so it didn't work.
It takes a lot of courage to go through with it, and if you do, he may not be there but that doesn't mean all the damage goes away. You're going to have a lot to work through yourself.

I'm working through my demons, little by little, starting with this sluggishness where I'm too lazy to leave the house, and the loneliness. This is the first morning waking up without him there in a long time, and the first time he's not pushing to "go out and do things" with that adorable goofy smile of his... But that man I love is there less and less frequently, and the angry one that takes his place became much more hurtful and verbal, so it was time. (My breaking point was when he started throwing things all over the house and yelling at me with a face that looked like a polar bear ready to maul the person in its path... Went to work that evening instead, didn't get any sleep - enough was enough. But it took an awful lot to get there, and a sane and experienced person backing me up.)

My suggestion? Go somewhere you can be alone. Just breathe. Become re-acquainted with who you are as a person. Decide what the real inner you wants, and recognize that any course of action is going to be painful, even the ones that look "easy".