Old 12-23-2010, 10:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by lostfamily View Post
She is now at this more expensive recovery home, most of the other women there are younger but she seems to do well with younger women. I tried to tell her I was not going to catch her the next time she falls but I am not sure I am very convincing.

The hard part is when she says she knows she has done so much damage to the family and thinks we might be better off without her. Because I still love her I want her to want our family back.
She will be convinced when you follow through.

I totally get the last part of your post. Wanting him to fight for us. Wanting him to want us more then he wanted to drink.

What he wanted was both things. I could no longer live like that. Oh the things he said. He laid it on soooo thick. He ramped it up with the love, manipulation, guilt, then threats, then mean and ugly. It took every shred of courage and conviction I had to hold my boundary.

More then anyone else this holiday season, I am wishing for you and your family to find some nuggets of peace and joy to carry you through. You are doing the next right thing. The love you have for your family shines through your posts. Focus on your children. They need you so much. Please know that things will get better.