View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snack4

New here...with a relationship question

Wow, don;t know how I found this site, but I am so glad I did.

I am/was dating a man in AA. He has been in AA for 3 years, but lapsed last September. He is coming up on his year anniversary (for the 2nd time) this month.

I know relationships in the first year are iffy at best, but he is past that. Are they (men I guess is what I am asking) usually emotionally immature when it comes to relationships? Is it normal for them to profess their love to you only to turn and chase an old flame that they have not seen in 23 years?

I know better to push, or give an ultimatum. I know everyone has to follow their heart or live with the consequences, however if they take the road that offers them less and increases the possibility of lapsing again, and they infact realize that they took the wrong road, will that be a trigger for them?

This is a sound and very stable man, but he has admitted that his relationships have not been the best. Do I take a back seat and let this play out and pray that he does not lapse. I am looking for any direction as this is the first time I have been in a relationship with someone in AA. He is an amazing man and want nothing more to have a live with him, but right now, I am backing off to let him find his own way through this.
Thank you in advance