Old 12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
caribbean
Drunk in Recovery

Hi everyone! I haven't had computer access for a little bit, and also BUSY!

For some reason, now that I'm sober and solid in my recovery, I am in the thick of it with helping other people in my life who are coming out of their own drunks. Three other people close to me are dealing with a wide variety of recovery issues, soup to nuts, and I'm sure it's no accident of the universe that I've been available to help them. Everything seems to be going according to some grander plan; I'm just following along....

I guess I'm 2 months and 3 weeks sober now. I am still involved with AA although not as much as before having that weird exchange with my ex-sponsor... I'm not going to be so quick to trust another AA again on that level. But, I am not drinking and have almost no desire to do so. My only remaining desire for a drink is about the flavor experience, not about wanting the effect of alcohol. As in, "ooh, I'd really like to try that wine with this meal." I doubt that will ever leave me entirely. Just like my body can't tolerate cheese anymore; I still think about it even though I can't eat it -- but I'm not going to put my health at risk just because I think something will taste good.

I'm looking forward to a more settled life in the new year! Hope you are all doing well; it's good to see everyone's posts. I'm sorry I'm not contributing much here these days; seems I've been handed much to do to help other alcoholics in the offline world. Carry on the great work, y'all!