Thread: Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by kia View Post
you need to work on you now and let him sort out his own issues you are all that matters now and sounds like a good idea having your father round and the peace will work wonders give it a few days and u will begin to feel so much better just dont expect it will be the last u see of him he wil prob be back they always come back be strong and have that lovely hot shower and read the papers slowly and do whatever u feel like doing it will be bliss im sure *hugs* xxxxx
I am looking forward to making myself a cheeseburger on white toast (because I'm too lazy to pick up buns today) and setting off all the fire alarms in the apartment again when I forget to turn on the vent fans.

And perhaps I will have him up... He's completely dysfunctional, but it's more in the sense that he will avoid confrontation at all costs (even taking blame when it's not his fault, or when we were younger, not defending us from our mother and her senseless accusations), so perhaps I need to be around some dysfunction for a little while. I just have to brace my self that I won't be able to talk much (he doesn't know how to STOP talking), but sometimes being around someone that allows you to go numb and brain dead for a day is not a bad thing.

Thank you for all the well wishes. You all helped me survive until I could sort a few things out. I don't know what the future will hold, but I do know it will be different, and I am certainly looking forward to it.