Thread: quick post
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
kiki5711

Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
my dad was sitting up today and they took him for a short walk down the hall. i think tomorrow they will move him out of icu to a regular room. so, it looks like everythnig is going well.

now the other situation. i want to believe in her, but i am not blind either. i don't feel as emotionally attached right now, but that can be because there has been contact. i want to believe in her, that she will continue to follow through with the assistance program. if she does, by the end of next week she can be receiving help for rooming and therapy and councilling. the problem is she is still using. again i dont know what is real or not when she tells me she feels bad about using. she tried to make it all through yesterday, but ended up using later last night. after talking to my cousin, who appears to be recovered, i wantto her that kind of life in my friend, but i know she is still struggling. i am starting to see it more in black and white, that i should have no involvement while she is activly using. it feels like somethnig small sank in, but i'lltake it no matter how small it is.
I had surgery for colon cancer and the doctor made me walk two days later. with that darn thing (IV bag) rolling along with me!

It's good news that your father was able to make a few steps. It means he's healing!