Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
SwanSong

Thanks for the kind words R4R!

Moo, way to effin' go!!!! That's gotta be a great feeling strolling the lobby in your heals SOBER! I'm proud of you!!

TDC, Isa, dee74, and the rest of you guys/gals- I hope you are all doing well!

I had the Wonderful pleasure of Christmas shopping over the weekend, spending as much time in the hallmark store picking out just the right cards for each family member as I did finding their gifts, then coming home on Sunday after working with my sponsor and doing my meetings to just sit down, relax, and write a nice one or two paragraphs in each family members card so that this year when they open them it won't be just 'Merry Christmas, Love me' - I opened my heart up and wrote something real, honest, and meaningful to each one of them and tried my best to let them all know how much each one of them is uniquely special to me and very much a part of who I am today. What a joyous feeling.

Of course, as soon as I put the package of gifts and cards in the hands of Fedex, I started to panic thinking I got all 'alcoholic' and wrote too much, or the wrong things, or whatever......then I just told my head it needs to go sit in the corner cuz it's on timeout!

Amazing how quickly we can doubt ourselves....of course, I'm a firm believer that the alcohol was just a symptom and so I have to discard these first thoughts, not own them, and constructively create my 2nd or 3rd thoughts and call them my own!

Happy that everyone seems to be here and still posting and sober and seemingly in a good place. I was speaking to a new comer to AA the other day on the phone, he said to me 'gosh, I just didn't accomplish much of anything today...' - and so I suggested to him as was suggest to me that he consider a day without using or drinking, especially in early sobriety, a day of enormous accomplishment and not be so hard on himself. I think we owe it to ourselves even after we get 30, 60, 90 days or a handful of years to remember that...Good night guys.

Ps. TomD hope you are well mate!