View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
mygrandfather

Good luck Nile!

I am thinking day 3 is a keeper. And what another holiday challenge. Tonight there was dinner with my ex who is visiting from overseas work, she and two friends joined us for some awesome Salvadoran cuisine (try Lomo Saltado sometime, so good). My ex has been really great and she is supporting me, her father is a lifelong alcoholic.

So we met at the restaurant and she said she would not get a drink but I did tell her it was ok. Our other two friends are pretty heavy drinkers and, of course, the moment they arrived it was all about "what no margaritas??" So I said that I'm taking a break and she says "what is this, a twelve step program?" Talk about awkward! Well, those three did end up getting drinks and I stuck to soda.

Then it was gift time and what did the couple bring me? A four pack of Belgian beer and some sort of beer bottle puzzle thing in which you must solve the puzzle to release the bottle of beer. I'm telling you, this day three was being measured in nano seconds at that point. And the restaurant was fun and it seemed all ok...but then I just thought hard and stuck to my guns and I made it. And my amazing friend, my ex, made sure to take those beers with her back to her hotel (she'll re-gift those tomorrow).

Oh, and when she told me that I can't do this alone I told her about SR and this amazing community, she gave you all a huge smile.