View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

WIworrier:

I can feel your anger towards the son in HIGH volume! Everyone needs a prayer or two sent their way.

I'm the one that's used opiates for so many years. Our DOC is what keeps us locked inside the HE!! we live in 24/7. Thanks to a doctor thinking in 1984 I needed opiates to deal with the anxiety I was going thru, due to a divorce. I'm now 26 years later still having to take them off and on for injuries and several surgeries from being in the Army for 22 years. Unfortunately. Because the doctor fed these pills to me and me being naieve as to what they would do to me. I became addicted to them.

So the problem is: I take the pills when neccessary and have to go thru with drawals everytime I come off of them. I don't want to be on them and didn't choose to become addicted to them. I would gather to wonder if your son chose to get addicted to drugs. I would guess, Not. Your spouse is keeping him home to protect him. What if this was your daughter? Would you want to kick her out in the street?

Your son's friend od'ing might also be a wakeup call to him. Until he's READY. He's not going to find the strength or desire to stop using. It will either happen or he'll end up like his friend. Over dosing or dead.

Do say a prayer for your son. He's not himself right now and needs God's hands to surround him while he's lost.

TOD