View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ronf

Mornin ! The reason long term people go out and drink is because they are alcoholic............don't make it any more complicated than that. This thing never goes away. It stays with us even when we're not drinking. Now that I've utterly discouraged you here's the good stuff. There are far more long term people who DONT drink. I've got 15 yrs and every bit of hell I went through has been paid back to me 10 fold in goodness !!! I always like to point out that this program does not make boy scouts out of us. I still have the potty mouth, I still love off color politically incorrect humor. But now I also love myself and those around me. ONE DAY AT A TIME it seems has become old and worn out. IT'S STILL TRUE. Keep track of your birthday but stop counting your days. Stop counting other peoples days. You have TODAY. WTF are you going to do with it ? There's just too much fun and beauty out there, too many things to laugh at to go back in to that darkness. It is worth the effort !! I'm not one of the lucky ones that walked into a meeting and never drank again. I spent 5 yrs going in and out till I finally got truly sober.
SOMEBODY thinks your worth saving or they wouldn't have pulled you out of that hole in the first place. ; )

Just keep buggerin on !

Ron