View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Please call the National Domestic Violence hotline and ask for some help that's close to where you live. They can help you and your kids get out and give you a place to stay while you get back on your feet.
1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.3224 (TTY)
Anonymous & Confidential Help 24/7
National Domestic Violence Hotline

It is NOT normal for someone to keep their partner prisonner in their own home, whether they are addicted or not. This is abuse.

I know you're not worried that he'll hurt you, but abuse usually escalates, and before you know it, physical abuse comes into play.

I used to think that my XAH would never hurt me. Sure, he drank and snorted coke, but when he was violent, it was towards himself (he used to self-mutilate) or he would throw things. Well, little did I know that his addiction + his fear of losing his family = escalating violence. He ended up threatening not to let me leave and to take my daughter from me. So I ran away, taking my baby girl with me.

Please consider calling the hotline (when you have a phone) and getting some advice.

YES, it is normal to want to get away from someone who is relapsing, especially when it threatens your own recovery.