Old 12-14-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
AmericanGirl
April 18, 2010

Golden, I never worried about people thinking I was a loser if I didn't go out, but I definitely did think that many activities were LAME if they didn't involve partying . . . I truly believed this, did not understand why others would be content to stay at home and watch a movie if you could instead go out to a bar or club and get obliterated -- sex, drugs, rocknroll, you know the drill.

I don't feel that way anymore and largely it's because I've grown up, understand happiness better, and also because I realize that what began as an innocent thirst for adventure became a cover for addiction.

I don't regret that I had those days -- they are part of who I am -- but I do know that at some point my experience, my excitement at night life turned into something hollow and drug-addled and frankly miserable.

I'm now more than happy to do wholesome and quiet things with my time, and although I don't like to make a practice of judging too much, I do sometimes wonder why anyone would want to be in such loud, smelly, filthy places. I might like to go out dancing again someday . . but you can bet I'll be sober when I do.