Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MaidenFan

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
I'm asking because I think it's a mentality I've had that needs to be shot down.

Years ago I didn't think that way. I started dating this guy and we were coming home from dinner on a Saturday night and he said, "Look at all these people about to go out. It's only 9 PM and we are going home. We are losers." And I thought, "Good God grow up. How immature."

Years later and getting drunk everyday without a break...I felt the same way. Especially on the weekends.

When I decided to sober up, I had this realization that I was thinking that way. I don't know how it started. Was it me...was it from being around him...was it being around his partying friends...or other partiers? I don't know. But I realized that that needed to change. I've been feeling pretty good. I stay in every weekend and do things for myself that I like. I've really been enjoying and it's calm and great.

Except over the weekend there was a Christmas party downtown where everyone dresses like a Christmas character and barhops. Last year I went and got blasted and blacked out. I lay in bed Saturday night remembering it was going on and thought, "Oh man! I'm missing it! I'm a loser."

Anyone else ever have that mentality??
Yeah I had that mentality after I started going to bars in my 20's. That mentality caused me a lot of anguish over the years. If someone was to now call me a "loser" for not going "clubing" I would ounch them in the face.