Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl
ThatLittleGirl

I know he loves our kids and would never intentionally do anything to hurt them, so the decision was very hard for me. But I just can't take any chances, not with my kids. - I 100% agree with this. Although I know me exah adores our daughters, as an active addict, he cannot make the rational choices he would if he were not using. Therefore, I had to restrict his visitation to supervised with his parents present only. He is not allowed to ever be behind the wheel with them, so his parents do all the driving as well...or I do the driving back and forth. Is it the most convient arrangement? No, but it provides me with the assurance my daughters are safe...and it gives my daughters time with their dad which the ask for. Restrictions aren't saying the addict doesn't love his/her kids, but rather, he/she just can't make the choices a non-addict would make regarding the safety of their children...therefore, it's up to you to provide safe boundaries for your children. It's not an easy position to be in...but none of the chaoas of addiction/co-dependency is...but one has to make the next best choice under the circumstances...protect your kids to the best of your ability!