Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
nicam

Thanks for all your replies, I haven't logged in all week because I started a new job and had wireless router issues, so it was nice to see all of your responses!

Yeah, jealousy was a factor. He's a little insecure about being the sober guy who can never touch a drink while everyone else does, and couldn't help but feel maybe I would rather be with someone who doesn't have theses issues.

The thing with him is alcohol was never his DOC, it was painkillers, He loves wine and was even a sommelier at one point, and lately he's been flirting with the idea of having the occasional social glass of wine after having 2-3 years of recovery on his belt. Says he has NO desire to EVER touch drugs again, but...

I don't know how I feel about this... He's being open and honest, and these feelings and thoughts are natural, but I just don't know how this sort of thing works in recovery. Hopefully he'll change his mind about this further down the recovery road. I hardly ever drink, but I am also careful not to sacrifice my social life, and he really wants to go to these occasional things with me, but I will be more careful now!