View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cwohio

Teggie & Clancy

The seizures occur because of the withdrawal. He doesn't have them otherwise. It's just been the past 3 years or so that when he tries to stop seizures have been one of the symptoms.

I do and have called 911 each time it's happened. Of course, he doesn't want to go with them and I have been lucky enough to finally get him to agree to go to the hospital and i or a friend have taken him.

Thie last time was about a month ago and after 2 seizures, the 2nd time 911 came and checked his vitals but said they could not make him go with them.

I called the on call dr. for my AH's regular dr. and she said that the situation was not really negotiable and that she would call and make them take him to the hospital as it's very dangerous. I finally told my AH this and he agreed to go to emergency room.

We were ther for maybe an hour and a half and the dr. told him he should probably stay the night as he may have more seizures. Of course, my AH said he felt fine and we were going to leave and he had another major seizure and the dr. said he would not let him leave. He was in for 5 days and basically detoxed. He just started back to drinking in the past couple weeks.

Ok - enuff of my blabbering - just wanted to give the whole sordid tale so in case anyone else responds they have the whole story.

thanks for caring! cwohio