View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
ChristineC
Pretty Is As Pretty Does

I didn't think anyone was out there any more . So nice to see you guys do care and read my posts.

I'm doing really good. Although, I suppose I really do need to keep up with my posting here. That's the one thing I do - start feeling good and I forget why I'm feeling good, which is because I'm sober. And to stay feeling good I need to keep posting, keep going to my AA meetings and always remember what I am, an alcoholic.

My new friend has been tremendously supportive. I've never had someone like him in my life. He wants me sober, he wants me to be happy, and find peace. I've been a positive influence in his life too, which is so cool.

I told him the other day.....

"There is a dime a dozen, one in a million, but you are once in a lifetime."

He knows that my sobriety is number 1, because without it I have nothing, which means I can't and won't be a part of his life.

Just when I gave up on love..............God knows my heart.

I know, I know....don't get all crazy and allow this person to make me nuts and let my feelings get all wiggy so I'm drinking. This IS different, I swear. I want sobriety and noone not even him will get in the way of that. I don't have anything without sobriety and that means I don't have him in my life either. I guess when you've been single so long, (I've never been married) and someone that shows you unconditional love, well....let's just say I've NEVER felt this kind of love before.

LIKE HOW SAPPY IS THAT..........LOL. See what I mean...........LOL. something is going on because a month ago all men could go to hell in a hand bag.......LOL. YIKES!!

OK, I've landed from cloud 12........I'm taking a "reality pill" hee hee

Hope everyone is doing well and maybe IN LOVE!!!

Peace Out!!