View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AnthonyV

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Welcome back Anthony. Good that you have a recovery plan and willing to take the necessary action to carry it out, is the only way to get well from addiction.

I primarily use SMART and CBT as my recovery plan along with my attendance to the meetings of a faith-based self-help group. I do this because there is only one group meeting a week at the health clinic I go to for F2F support. I think F2F support is important for anybody's recovery program, at least it is for my program.
Thank you. I should add that I'm a gay man and the faith-based meetings that I plan on attending are the local LGBT meetings so that I can stay connected to that community.

I'm still actively using but am trying to wean myself off so that I don't have to detox so hard. I'm trying to taper down from my average of 12-16 beers a night, more on the weekend.

The initial phone call I had with the treatment center said they have evening outpatient programing, so I'm not sure how that will work out with my work schedule but I already told my boss I will need to be flexible with my schedule in the upcoming weeks and months. Since I have seniority in my department, he was OK with that. I don't think I'm going to tell him why I will need that flex time.

I'm so appreciative of all of you reading and responding to my posts. I know that I will be turning to you all for advice and support as time goes by.