Thread: New and nervous
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
slipperyknot

Originally Posted by Biza View Post

Luckily I have no alcoholic holiday events to go to. The Christmas party is a sober one. Many of my friends are in recovery and plan healthy parties. The friends who are not in recovery know I really need to not be around alcohol right now and we are scheduling social events during the day. With the exception of one friend who is just convinced this is a phase for me and keeps offering to take me out for shots and beers. UGH. I am working on him.

So, is it just will power at this point?
Biza, It sounds wonderful that you have so many people in your circle that are sober and have plans for fun parties. I gotta get me some of those people.

I would not be able to be friends with someone who encouraged me knowing I wanted to stop, that would break me down so fast. I only have 5 days, I am worried about this weekend. It has everything to do with will power for me, a good plan and as I have heard over and over, I just do not have to drink this minute or hour, not at this party, not right now. I'll give myself til tomorrow and think about it again. That's my plan.