View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
naive

My wife's counsillor is strongly of the opinion that my wife is sabotaging her treatment with her objections
she certainly isn't focused on her recovery, sounds like she's just using one tactic after the other to manipulate your emotions.

i would weigh heavily what her counselor is communicating: that she is not serious about her recovery.

if she doesn't want to stay where she is, then why not enroll her in the other facilty right now? why does she have to come home?

and i doubt very much that the children will benefit if she comes home. the whole family will be walking on eggshells and in all liklihood, she'll start drinking again, only this time she'll hide it better. there is a good chance christmas would be a disaster!

and once she is home again, there is no guarantee she will leave for the other facility, is there? you would have to get her sectioned probably, which in my opinion would be a lot harder on the whole family.

so, why don't you have her transferred to either the other facility or a sober house, rather than coming home.

if she comes home, you will be in a position to police her again and really, what can you do if she drinks? it's not against the law to drink yourself silly.

i think she's quacking.

i also think that since you are having a hard time when you speak to her, that it would be a good idea to limit your conversations to ones with her counselors and don't speak to her anymore.

naive