View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LookUp

Hi everyone, I'm Jen

I've been reading here for quite a while and decided to finally post.

The addict in my life is my 41 year old sister. I've been distancing myself from her for the past year and a half because there was too much drama and chaos. I have still had limited contact with her because she lives with my dad (the world's biggest enabler), but I've done well with not taking or returning her calls. She thinks I'm a terrible sister, but I can't have her crap in my life.

My dad typically doesn't tell me any details of what she does because he wants me to want a relationship with her. But yesterday, he called me because he was concerned. There was an incident last week where she called the cops and accused my dad of beating her up. She was obviously intoxicated, so the officer told her to go to bed or he was going to arrest her. She went to bed and then the officer told my dad he should complete paperwork to have her admitted to the hospital. The next morning, he did that (for the 3rd time in a year). They kept her for 6-7 days and she got out on Tuesday. She was extremely angry at him for having her committed, so she came by his house to get her stuff and was screaming and treatening him and my nephew (her son) and being crazy.

While she was there, she kept waving a list around. My nephew grabbed the list to see what all she was trying to take from the house. It was mostly a list of stuff to get (mostly belonging to my dad, not her), but at the bottom of the list she had "gas cans, burn houses" and then my children's names. My kids are 4 and 6. I asked my dad if he had any idea why she would list their names and he said (almost as an irrelevant afterthought), she's been saying she was going to kill them everytime she got mad at you for about a year because she knows that would hurt me more than anything. WTH? What kind of psychopath threatens to kill someone's children? And why the hell did my dad not think he should tell me that? I started yelling at him about not telling me and his response was that she is all talk and threatens him and my nephew all the time too. "She's not going to do anything." I'm almost as angry at him as I am at her. When I told him that I was completely done and was never speaking to or seeing her again & that I wouldn't come to his house if she was there, he said he would like to see peace in the family.

So, I went and got an emergency restraining order against her (which can't be delivered until she comes back to my dad's house because I don't know where she is) and we have to go to court on Wednesday to get the long term order. My dad did say he will go to court and testify since he's the one who heard my sister make the treats. I also called my son's school and daycare and let my husband's family and my neighbors know. I'm calling a friend of mine who is a cop today to see if I can file criminal charges even though I never heard her threaten anyone. So, I think I've done everything I can do.

I know that my dad doesn't think she's crazy enough to do anything, but I'm not that naive.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I vent about it to my husband and friends but thought someone here may understand a little better since they have lived with chaos and craziness.