View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redhead84
Lost In Translation

It's getting out of control--new member

Hi......I looked at this board a week ago and never had the guts to post anything but I think now is the right time. I can't keep running away.
I am just hoping people on this forum are nice, supportive people.

I guess I"m still in denial.........I've been drinking and taking pills for 10+ years. I"m 26. Female. Maryland.
I just went out to the local liquor store to buy a bottle of Southern Comfort. I just cannot stop. I cannot stop.
I think it's really hard because my parents have alcohol in the house and I ........the other day I tried to explain to my mom that I have a problem and she said "just have more self control" but it's more than that. It's a hunger, craving, obsession.
I think .....maybe I did hit rock bottom.......my friend brought over a bottle of Jager last night and he spent the night with me-my parents are in Puerto Rico now. and I ended up somehow hitting my head on a wall and my eye is black and red and.........I just have to stop drinking.
I'm just introducing myself...I can say more later once I get to know people.
I want help. It's an endless cycle that requires more and more drinking/the hunger.....more and more. Nothing good ends up from this. I realize that now.