View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((lillamy))

Grief is different for each person - but i can relate to what you have said about those living with active alcoholism going thru that process while their mate is still alive or they are still married.

That is exactly what I did for almost 3 yrs. I lived with my ex ah for almost 3 yrs after he relapsed and I went thru the grieving process then - the loss of our marriage, the love I had for him, and all that WE lost as a couple. I knew I was leaving for almost a year before I actually RENTED another place to live.

I spent Thanksgiving nite sleeping on the floor in my new rental in Nov 2008 - I went on my first date with someone new 2 nites later - I was DONE when I walked out of that door on Thanksgiving Morning. I had been done for many many months prior.

There were many rumors about infidelity, cheating, blah, blah, blah on my part, but none of them were true - I just followed the healing of my HP and did what was right for me.

Today, I'm remarried to that wonderful gentleman who took me out for a nice supper over 2 yrs ago - Neither of us knew that was going to take us to this level - but the God of my understanding did. He had a plan and I'm so grateful I followed it - no matter WHAT those other folks said.

You follow your guidance and the direction of your Higher Power -

Praying for His Best for YOU!
PINK HUGS,
Rita